1. What are the performance measurements for the Schedule Control process?
A. SV (EV – PV) and SPI (EV ÷ PV)
B. SV (PV – EV) and SPI (PV ÷ EV)
C. SV (EV – BAC) and SPI (EV ÷ BAC)
D. SV (EV – AC) and SPI (EV ÷ AC)
Schedule variance is (EV – PV) and schedule performance index is (EV ÷ PV).
2. The work that must be done in order to deliver a product with the specified features and functions is:
A. Project verification
B. Project scope
C. Project control
D. Product scope
Project Scope: The work that must be done in order to deliver a product with the specified features and functions.
3. The project manager is assigned in the?
A. Management Plan
C. Charter (contract)
D. Project Plan
Project Manager should be assigned in the early phase of the project otherwise project may get delay.
4. Parametric Estimating is done as a part of which process:
A. Estimate Activity Durations
B. Sequence Activities
C. Develop Schedule
D. Estimate Activity Resources
Tools and Techniques for Estimate Activity Durations are: Analogous estimates ,
Parametric Estimating, Three-Point Estimates and Reserve Analysis.
5. Make payment to seller is done in
A. Plan Procurements
B. Conduct Procurements
C. Administer Procurements
D. Close Procurements
Make payment to seller is done in Administer Procurements.
6. You have accumulated project information throughout the project and need to distribute some important information you just received. Which of the following is not an information distribution method?
A. Electronic mail
D. Electronic databases
Electronic databases are a type of information gathering and retrieval system, not a distribution method.
7. The following reports are normally developed during the project closure phase?
A. None of the other alternatives apply
B. Communications Management Plan and Lessons Learned
C. Records Archive, Closure Report, & Specifications Document
D. Records Archive, Closure Report, lessons learned & Formal Acceptance Report
E. Communications Management Plan and Closure report
8. Which one of the following is not an acquisition method?
B. invitation C.
E. all are acquisition methods
9. Communication in both project and non-project-driven organizations should occur in directions.
10. In which of the following is the cost of risk hidden by the contractor?
A. Fixed Price Plus Incentive
B. Firm Fixed Price Contract and Fixed Price Plus Incentive
C. Firm Fixed Price Contract
D. Cost Plus Percentage of Cost
E. Cost Plus Fixed Price
11. Objectives can be described as all of the following except for which one? Choose the least correct answer.
A. The monetary units used to express the cost criteria for the project
B. The functionality and specific conditions that must be met in order to satisfy the project, contract, standard, or specification
C. The quantifiable results used to measure project success that should include schedule, cost, and quality criteria
D. The purpose for undertaking the project
According to the PMBOK Guide, functionality and specific conditions that must be met in order to satisfy the project, contract, standard, or specification describe the criteria for requirements, not objectives.
12. All of the following statements are true regarding the RBS except for which one?
A. The RBS is similar to the WBS in that the lowest levels of both are easily assigned to a responsible party or owner.
B. The RBS is contained in the risk management plan.
C. The lowest level of the RBS can be used as a checklist, which is a tool and technique of the Risk Identification process.
D. It describes risk categories, which are a systematic way to identify risks and provide a foundation for understanding for everyone involved on the project.
The RBS describes risk categories, and the lowest level can be used as a checklist to help identify risks. Risk owners are not assigned from the RBS; they’re assigned during the Risk Response Planning process.
13. You are the project manager for Lucky Stars nightclubs. They specialize in live country and western band performances. Your newest project is in the Planning process group. You’ve published the scope statement and scope management plan. The document that describes who will receive copies of this information as well as future project information, how it should be distributed, and who will prepare it is which of the following?
A. Scope management plan
B. Project charter
C. Communications management plan
D. Information distribution plan
The communications management plan documents what information will be distributed, how it will be distributed, to whom, by whom, and the timing of the distribution.
14. With triangular distribution, the low, likely and high values are 20, 30 and 40, respectively. The mean is.
mean = (20+30+40)/3= 30
15. Sally is a project manager working on a project that will require a specially engineered machine. Only three manufacturers can make the machine to the specifications Sally needs. The price of this machine is particularly critical to this project. The budget is limited, and there’s no chance of securing additional funds if the bids for the machine come in higher than budgeted. She’s developing the evaluation criteria for the bidders’ responses and knows all of the following are true except for which one?
A. Sally will review the project management plan, including the risk register, as inputs to this process.
B. Sally will base the evaluation criteria on price alone since the budget is a constraint.
C. Sally will update the contract statement of work with any new information.
D. Sally will use standard contract forms provided by her procurement department to write the contract for this machine.
Evaluation criteria can be based on price alone when there are many vendors who can readily supply the good or services. The question states that only three vendors make the machine, which means evaluation criteria should be based on more than price.
16. Failure costs are also known as which of the following?
A. Internal costs
B. Prevention costs
C. Cost of keeping defects out of the hands of customers
D. Cost of poor quality
Failure costs are associated with the cost of quality and are also known as cost of poor quality.
17. During the opening rounds of contract negotiation, the other party uses a fait accompli tactic. Which of the following statements is true about fait accompli tactics?
A. One party claims the issue under discussion was documented and accepted as part of Scope Verification.
B. One party claims the issue under discussion has already been decided and can’t be changed.
C. One party claims to accept the offer of the other party, provided a contract change request is submitted describing the offer in detail.
D. One party agrees to accept the offer of the other party but secretly knows they will bring the issue back up at a later time.
Fait accompli is a tactic used during contract negotiations where one party convinces the other that the particular issue is no longer relevant or cannot be changed. Option B is not correct because Scope Verification does not generally occur during contract negotiations since the work of the project has not yet been performed.
18. The most rapid Estimate Costs technique is:
A. Analogous estimating
B. Template estimating
C. Computerized estimating
D. Square foot estimating
Computerized estimating rapid Estimate Costs technique
19. Management styles associated with production environments, such as assembly lines commonly include:
A. assumption that workers lack ambition and dislike responsibility
B. All of the other alternatives apply.
C. a directing style of leadership.
D. a lack of confidence in their workers
E. a Theory X style of leadership
20. The person in the organization that authorizes the commencement of a project is the?
A. Project Admin
C. Project Manager
D. Senior Manager
The project manager executes the project but does not authorize the project. Sponsor authorize the project.
21. Constraints do not include:
A. Expected staff assignments
B. Collective bargaining
C. Organizational structure of the performing organization
D. Impacts of weather
Impacts of weather
22. Job continuity would be an example of in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
23. The estimated cost to complete (ETC) is
B. the forecasted and final cost – cost to date
C. None of the other alternatives apply.
D. Total estimate – ACWP
E. (ACWP-BCWP)/BCWP * 100
24. Formal written communication is mandated for which of the following?
A. Both 1) scope changes not part of the original project, and 2) taking exception to a specification.
B. scope changes not part of the original project
C. procurement of raw materials
D. All of the other alternatives apply.
E. taking exception to a specification
25. Risk mitigation includes all but which of the following:
A. performing contingent planning
B. Obtaining insurance against loss
C. Developing system (policies, procedures, responsibilities)
D. identification of project risks.
E. developing planning alternatives